Daniel Shaw has been practising construction and engineering law for over 10 years. He has experience of litigation, arbitration, adjudication, and mediation.
Daniel obtained a first-class undergraduate degree in law – coming top of his year – and went on to obtain a postgraduate construction engineering degree at the University of Cambridge.
Daniel is the author of Chapter 26 (Construction Litigation), and co-author of Chapter 25 (Arbitration) in Emden’s Construction Law. He lectures at the University of Cambridge.View full profile »
- Brooking Prize Commendation, Society of Construction Law Australia (2014)
- Hudson Prize High Commendation, Society of Construction Law (2011)
- Mould Senior Scholarship, Gray’s Inn (2010)
- Robin Jacob Award, Gray’s Inn (2008)
- Albion Richardson Award, Gray’s Inn (2007)
- Sweet & Maxwell Prize for Highest First Class Degree, University of Keele (2006)
- Michael Whincup Prize, University of Keele (2005)
- KJD Prize for Contract Law, University of Keele (2005)
- Adjudication during the Covid-19 restrictions: an option for disputes during lockdown?
- Rock Advertising Limited v MWB Business Exchange Centres Limited: the Supreme Court changes the law on informal contract variations
- Anna Laney and Daniel Shaw to lecture at the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- MSt Construction Engineering, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge (2013 – 2015)
- Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent, BPP Law School, London (2006 – 2007)
- LLB Law (First Class), University of Keele (2003 – 2006)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Constructors
- Society of Construction Law
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Technology & Construction Bar Association