Daniel was called to the Bar 15 years ago, and has specialised in construction and engineering disputes for more than 12 years. He has experience of litigation, arbitration, adjudication, and mediation. Alongside his work as Counsel, Daniel is a TECBAR-accredited Adjudicator, and sits as a fee-paid Judge.
Daniel obtained a first-class undergraduate degree in law – coming top of his year – and went on to obtain a postgraduate construction engineering degree at the University of Cambridge where he has since been invited to lecture.
Daniel is the author of Chapter 25 (Arbitration) in Emden’s Construction Law, and until 2023 also wrote the Construction Litigation chapter.View full profile »
- Mould Senior Scholarship, Gray’s Inn
- Robin Jacob Discretionary Award, Gray’s Inn
- Albion Richardson Award, Gray’s Inn
- Sweet & Maxwell Prize (now known as the Thomson Reuters Law Prize) awarded to the highest achieving final year law student, University of Keele
- Michael Whincup Prize, awarded to the highest achieving second year law student, University of Keele
- KJD (now Freeths) Prize for Highest Contract Law Mark, University of Keele
- Hudson Prize High Commendation, Society of Construction Law
- Brooking Prize Commendation, Society of Construction Law Australia
- Harry Vann and Daniel Shaw appointed as Recorders
- Anna Laney and Daniel Shaw to lecture at the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge
- The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 and its Impact on the Construction Industry
- Adjudication during the Covid-19 restrictions: an option for disputes during lockdown?
- MSt Construction Engineering, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge (2013 – 2015)
- Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent, BPP Law School, London (2006 – 2007)
- LLB Law (First Class), University of Keele (2003 – 2006)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Constructors
- Society of Construction Law
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Technology & Construction Bar Association