Energy & Natural Resources
Crispin’s energy practice involves large-scale projects in the UK and around the world.
- Acting for a state-owned oil company and its insurers in a $60m ICC arbitration arising from a fire at an oil refinery in the Middle East.
- Acting for a contractor in a $400m LCIA arbitration relating to an oil and gas project in the Middle East.
- Representing a state-owned oil company in a $multi-billion LCIA arbitration arising from an Oil and Gas project in the Middle East.
- Representing a UK contractor in a dispute with an Italian steel fabricator in relation to a contract for the supply of steel products to an iron ore mine in West Africa.
- Acting in a £multi-million dispute over the fabrication of process units for installation in an FPSO.
- Advising in relation to a £100m renewable fuel power station.
- Advising a European contractor in relation to a number of water treatment works and power generation projects.
- £100m LCIA arbitration concerning an Oil and Gas project in the Middle East.
- Advising in relation to a £15m biomass plant in Scotland.
- Acting for a Danish contractor in DAB proceedings relating to a power plant in the Caribbean.
- Acting for Total UK in relation to the explosion at the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot.
- Third Edition of GAR’s “Guide to Construction Arbitration” published with contribution from Roger ter Haar QC, Crispin Winser and Maurice Holmes of Crown Office Chambers
- TCC considers pain/gain share mechanism in NEC3 Option C (target cost) contract
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council & Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Legal 500 2020 London Bar: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration
- Legal 500 2019 UAE: leading junior for Construction
- Chambers UK 2020: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering
- Chambers Global 2019: leading junior for Construction
- Who’s Who Legal 2019: leading junior and future leader for Construction
“highly responsive … creative and quick on his feet, with real substance on the intellectual side of a dispute” … “He is stunningly good. His work is detailed and his manner of cross-examination is incisive but pleasant.” … “He prepares thoroughly and is very perceptive and good on his feet”
Chambers UK 2020
“Very proactive and impressive.” … “Extremely hardworking, very effective in cross-examination and always responsive.”
Legal 500 2020
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of the wider legal team” … “Very responsive and very hard-working” … “He has an impressive intellect and is always very quick to grasp the detail on technical matters. His cross-examination is very effective.”
Chambers UK and Global 2019
“Provides that combination of skills that are key in a senior junior: clear strategy, concentration on what really matters, and strong delivery” … “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”
Legal 500 2019
“A clever and practical construction specialist who is concise, clear and very helpful.” … “Very thorough and commercially astute. A tenacious advocate.”
Chambers UK and Global 2018
“A confident advocate, who goes out of his way to achieve the best result for his clients.”
Legal 500 2018
“Lauded junior whose practice extends from domestic residential development work and PFI matters to large-scale international arbitration. His drafting skill draws particular praise from market. He is incredibly thorough and has an instant grasp of detail.”
Chambers UK and Global 2017
“His excellent style of cross-examination proves effective with witnesses”
Legal 500 2017
“A good advocate who gives concise, practical advice”
Chambers UK 2016
“He’s all the things you want in a cross-examiner – effective in a very measured way and judges the tribunal well”
Legal 500 2016
“very cool and poised and approachable, friendly, responsive and good technically”
Chambers UK 2015
“an exceptional junior with considerable technical skills”
Legal 500 2015