Energy & Natural Resources
Crispin’s energy practice involves large-scale projects in the UK and around the world.
- Acting for a state-owned oil company and its insurers in a $60m ICC arbitration arising from a fire at an oil refinery in the Middle East.
- Acting for a contractor in a $400m LCIA arbitration relating to an oil and gas project in the Middle East.
- Representing a state-owned oil company in a $multi-billion LCIA arbitration arising from an Oil and Gas project in the Middle East.
- Representing a UK contractor in a dispute with an Italian steel fabricator in relation to a contract for the supply of steel products to an iron ore mine in West Africa.
- Acting in a £multi-million dispute over the fabrication of process units for installation in an FPSO.
- Advising in relation to a £100m renewable fuel power station.
- Advising a European contractor in relation to a number of water treatment works and power generation projects.
- £100m LCIA arbitration concerning an Oil and Gas project in the Middle East.
- Advising in relation to a £15m biomass plant in Scotland.
- Acting for a Danish contractor in DAB proceedings relating to a power plant in the Caribbean.
- Acting for Total UK in relation to the explosion at the Buncefield Oil Storage Depot.
- David Sears QC and Crispin Winser to speak to the SCL in Manchester
- Crispin Winser successfully defends negligence claim against civil engineer
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council & Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Chambers UK 2019: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering
- Chambers Global 2019: leading junior for Construction
- Who’s Who Legal 2019: leading junior and future leader for Construction
- Legal 500 2018: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of the wider legal team” … “Very responsive and very hard-working” … “He has an impressive intellect and is always very quick to grasp the detail on technical matters. His cross-examination is very effective.”
Chambers UK and Global 2019
“Provides that combination of skills that are key in a senior junior: clear strategy, concentration on what really matters, and strong delivery” … “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”
Legal 500 2018
“A clever and practical construction specialist who is concise, clear and very helpful.” … “Very thorough and commercially astute. A tenacious advocate.”
Chambers UK and Global 2018
“A confident advocate, who goes out of his way to achieve the best result for his clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Lauded junior whose practice extends from domestic residential development work and PFI matters to large-scale international arbitration. His drafting skill draws particular praise from market. He is incredibly thorough and has an instant grasp of detail.”
Chambers UK and Global 2017
“His excellent style of cross-examination proves effective with witnesses”
Legal 500 2016
“A good advocate who gives concise, practical advice”
Chambers UK 2016
“He’s all the things you want in a cross-examiner – effective in a very measured way and judges the tribunal well”
Legal 500 2015
“very cool and poised and approachable, friendly, responsive and good technically”
Chambers UK 2015
“an exceptional junior with considerable technical skills”
Legal 500 2014
“has a sharp drafting style, is easy to work with, and is committed and responsive”
Chambers UK 2014
“extremely talented” … “can be relied upon to get to the bottom of what matters” … “really hard-working and very enthusiastic” … “becoming an increasingly respected name in international arbitration”
Chambers UK 2013