Crispin’s practice covers sale of goods, supply of goods and services, agency, franchise, joint ventures, issues of jurisdiction, loan agreements, IT & telecommunications, property damage and product liability.
- Representing UK buyers in a claim against Italian sellers arising out of the disputed termination of a 1.2m Euro international sale of goods contract.
- Acting for a multinational chemical company in relation to a joint venture in Central America.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 company in a £1.5m claim for sums due under facilities management contracts.
- Rohan & Ors v Daman Real Estate Capital Partners  DIFC CA 005 & CA 006 – representing the buyers in the DIFC (Court of First Instance and Court of Appeal) in a claim for AED 12m for breach of sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising a leading furniture retailer in relation to its liabilities under the Sale of Goods Act.
- Advising an East African bank in relation to a dispute concerning a software licence agreement.
- Acting for an MVNO in a TCC dispute with a major national mobile network operator concerning the interaction between the parties’ mobile telecommunications systems – involved contested applications for interim injunctions and security for costs.
- Representing a manufacturer of postal franking machines at the 4 day liability trial and subsequent mediation of a claim for breach of a distribution agreement.
- Advising a petrochemicals multinational in relation to the termination of a contract for the supply of chemical by-products.
- Representing a leading London estate agent in a 4 day trial involving alleged breaches of a letting agency agreement.
- Representing a publishing company in a 4 day trial successfully recovering sums paid for an ineffective financial software system.
- David Sears QC and Crispin Winser to speak to the SCL in Manchester
- Crispin Winser successfully defends negligence claim against civil engineer
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council & Young International Arbitration Group
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Chambers UK 2019: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering
- Chambers Global 2019: leading junior for Construction
- Who’s Who Legal 2019: leading junior and future leader for Construction
- Legal 500 2018 London Bar: leading junior for Construction and International Arbitration
- Legal 500 2019 UAE: leading junior for Construction
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of the wider legal team” … “Very responsive and very hard-working” … “He has an impressive intellect and is always very quick to grasp the detail on technical matters. His cross-examination is very effective.”
Chambers UK and Global 2019
“Provides that combination of skills that are key in a senior junior: clear strategy, concentration on what really matters, and strong delivery” … “One of the top junior barristers in the construction/arbitration field”
Legal 500 2018
“A clever and practical construction specialist who is concise, clear and very helpful.” … “Very thorough and commercially astute. A tenacious advocate.”
Chambers UK and Global 2018
“A confident advocate, who goes out of his way to achieve the best result for his clients.”
Legal 500 2017
“Lauded junior whose practice extends from domestic residential development work and PFI matters to large-scale international arbitration. His drafting skill draws particular praise from market. He is incredibly thorough and has an instant grasp of detail.”
Chambers UK and Global 2017
“His excellent style of cross-examination proves effective with witnesses”
Legal 500 2016
“A good advocate who gives concise, practical advice”
Chambers UK 2016
“He’s all the things you want in a cross-examiner – effective in a very measured way and judges the tribunal well”
Legal 500 2015
“very cool and poised and approachable, friendly, responsive and good technically”
Chambers UK 2015
“an exceptional junior with considerable technical skills”
Legal 500 2014
“has a sharp drafting style, is easy to work with, and is committed and responsive”
Chambers UK 2014
“extremely talented” … “can be relied upon to get to the bottom of what matters” … “really hard-working and very enthusiastic” … “becoming an increasingly respected name in international arbitration”
Chambers UK 2013