Crispin’s practice covers sale of goods, supply of goods and services, agency, franchise, joint ventures, issues of jurisdiction, loan agreements, IT & telecommunications, property damage and product liability.
- Acting for Maltese manufacturers in a £22m sale of goods dispute with UK buyers.
- Representing UK buyers in a claim against Italian sellers arising out of the disputed termination of a 1.2m Euro international sale of goods contract.
- Acting for a multinational chemical company in relation to a joint venture in Central America.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 company in a £1.5m claim for sums due under facilities management contracts.
- Rohan & Ors v Daman Real Estate Capital Partners  DIFC CA 005 & CA 006 – representing the buyers in the DIFC (Court of First Instance and Court of Appeal) in a claim for AED 12m for breach of sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising a leading furniture retailer in relation to its liabilities under the Sale of Goods Act.
- Advising an East African bank in relation to a dispute concerning a software licence agreement.
- Acting for an MVNO in a TCC dispute with a major national mobile network operator concerning the interaction between the parties’ mobile telecommunications systems – involved contested applications for interim injunctions and security for costs.
- Representing a manufacturer of postal franking machines at the 4 day liability trial and subsequent mediation of a claim for breach of a distribution agreement.
- Advising a petrochemicals multinational in relation to the termination of a contract for the supply of chemical by-products.
- Representing a leading London estate agent in a 4 day trial involving alleged breaches of a letting agency agreement.
- Representing a publishing company in a 4 day trial successfully recovering sums paid for an ineffective financial software system.
- Dubai Arbitration Week, 14-18 November 2022
- David Sears QC and Crispin Winser to speak to the Society of Construction Law
- Crown Office Chambers features in The Lawyer’s Top 20 Cases of this year
- Roger ter Haar QC, Andrew Rigney QC and Crispin Winser QC ranked in the Legal 500 EMEA 2021 Edition
- An Exercise in Utility: Liquidators Adjudicating Construction Disputes
- “When Insolvency Trumps Rough Justice: Injunctions and Stays of Execution of Adjudication Proceedings”, The Society of Construction Law
- Registered practitioner in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution, King’s College London
- Dip Law, City University
- BA, Bristol University
- British Japanese Law Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Commercial Bar Association
- LCIA European Users Council
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Society of Construction Law (UK & Gulf)
- Technology & Construction Bar Association
- Legal 500 2023 London Bar: recommended for Construction, Energy and International Arbitration
- Legal 500 2022 Middle East: the English Bar: recommended for Construction
- Chambers UK 2023: recommended for Construction, International Arbitration: Construction/Engineering and Professional Negligence: Technology & Construction
- Chambers Global 2022: recommended for Construction
- Who’s Who Legal 2022: national leader and future leader for Construction
“He’s just always composed, really, really smart and very measured. He delivers beautiful advocacy which is a pleasure to listen to.” … “Crispin is an excellent and approachable leader.” … “Crispin raises the game because he will think of every possible argument, which makes him a challenging opponent.” … “His written work is extremely good and he has shown himself to be a very adept advocate.”
Chambers & Partners, 2023
“He is extremely intelligent, quick and efficient, and his advocacy style is calm, measured but forceful when necessary.” … “Crispin is excellent” … “Crispin is an extremely bright barrister who solicitors would highly recommend in international arbitration. He is able to process and distill large volumes of information which he is able to assess quickly to get to the nub of the matter. He retains information at his fingertips and when asked for his views he is very quick to provide sound, reasoned and practical advice.”
Legal 500, 2023
“He is a good sounding board for strategies and excellent on his feet where he is very calm and assured.” … “A very clinical and really compelling advocate.” … “His strengths lie in quickly grasping the matter of the dispute and delivering fast, reliable advice.”
Chambers & Partners, 2022
“Crispin is frighteningly bright. He has a forensic mind which allows him to see through the chaff and get to the nub of any issue quickly. His advocacy style is calm, measured but insistent. Very effective.” … “Simply superb. Very responsive, helpful and suitably aggressive when he needs to be. A dedicated expert in his field. Richly deserved elevation to silk.” … “An excellent and polished advocate who works exceptionally hard to master the papers and be fully on top of the brief.”
Legal 500, 2022
“Reasonable, on top of the detail, commercial and an amazing advocate – particularly at cross-examination.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
“a highly recommended dispute resolution practitioner who excels at assisting construction and energy sector clients in complex proceedings”
Who's Who Legal 2021
“One of the standout performers among senior juniors at the Construction Bar. He is thorough, well prepared, and an effective advocate.” … “He’s considered, calm under pressure and able to get up to speed quickly.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
“Hard-working, team player who really understands how to present in international arbitration – should be a QC already.” … “Hard-working, great team player. Excellent cross-examination skills. Best junior barrister I have come across.” … “An excellent senior-junior – very clever and responsive.”
Legal 500, 2021
“absolutely first rate … an excellent cross-examiner in an arbitration context”
Who's Who Legal, 2020
“highly responsive … creative and quick on his feet, with real substance on the intellectual side of a dispute” … “He is stunningly good. His work is detailed and his manner of cross-examination is incisive but pleasant.” … “He prepares thoroughly and is very perceptive and good on his feet”
Chambers & Partners, 2020
“Very proactive and impressive.” … “Extremely hardworking, very effective in cross-examination and always responsive.”
Legal 500, 2020
“Excellent and technically very able. He is very personable and not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work as part of a wider legal team.”
Chambers & Partners, 2019