Caroline has extensive experience of Property Damage matters. She regularly advises on issues of subrogation and/or policy coverage and accepts instructions from both claimants and defendants. A number of the claims she has handled have involved defective electrical or plumbing products, which have resulted in fire and flood damage to premises. Caroline is comfortable in dealing with complex expert evidence, and handling increasingly high value claims.
- Various Claimants v Lancashire County Developments Limited , TCC – Acting for the defendant in several £multi-million claims arising from a catastrophic fire at a business park. Caroline was led by Graham Eklund QC and instructed with Miles Harris.
- Chliaifchtein v Wainbridge Estates Belgravia Ltd , TCC – Acting for the Defendant in a claim for nuisance and also involving complex issues under the Party Wall etc Act 1996. Caroline was led by Michael Curtis QC and instructed with Crispin Winser and Michele de Gregorio.
- Tideland Ltd v Westminster City Council , TCC – A £multi-million claim for tree root induced subsidence and raising difficult issues of quantum as well as liability. Caroline was led by Muhammed Haque QC.
- A v B – Acting for a freehold owner of premises destroyed by a fire caused by a defective white goods product. Quantum is likely to exceed £9m. Caroline is being led by Andrew Rigney QC.
- Acting for a commercial landlord to defend a claim for asbestos contamination caused during building works.
- Acting for a London housing association in a large claim for business interruption arising out of an escape of water.
- Acting for buildings insurers in several high value claims for tree root-induced subsidence.
- Court of Appeal construes important Typhoon Warranty in marine reinsurance contract
- New members of chambers
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple (2009 – 2010)
- BVC, BPP Law School (Very Competent) (2009 – 2010)
- Exhibitioner, Inner Temple (2008 – 2009)
- GDL, BPP Law School (Distinction) (2008 – 2009)
- Demyship, Magdalen College, Oxford (2006 – 2008)
- BA (Hons) University of Oxford (2005 – 2008)