Caroline McColgan joined chambers in October 2011 following successful completion of her pupillage. Since then she has been developing a practice which is strongly focused on property damage, professional negligence, construction and insurance work. She is a confident advocate and regularly appears in the High Court and County Courts as well as before the Court of Appeal.
Caroline’s present caseload includes 2 Entertain & Ors v Sony DADC, an £8m insurance dispute arising out of the London Riots in 2011, and TRW v Whirlpool & Ors, a £9m product liability claim on foot in the TCC. She was previously instructed as junior counsel on the major reinsurance case of Amlin Corporate Member Ltd & Ors v Oriental Assurance Company  EWHC 2380 (Comm), appearing as junior counsel for the defendant at trial in the commercial court and on appeal to the Court of Appeal (see Amlin Corporate Member Ltd & Ors v Oriental Assurance Company  EWCA Civ 1135).
Before coming to the Bar, Caroline read history at Magdalen College Oxford and then undertook the law conversion course in which she received a distinction. She is a contributing editor to Emden on Construction Law, co-authoring Chapter Two: “Formation and Validity of Contract”.View full profile »
- Court of Appeal construes important Typhoon Warranty in marine reinsurance contract
- New members of chambers
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple (2009 – 2010)
- BVC, BPP Law School (Very Competent) (2009 – 2010)
- Exhibitioner, Inner Temple (2008 – 2009)
- GDL, BPP Law School (Distinction) (2008 – 2009)
- Demyship, Magdalen College, Oxford (2006 – 2008)
- BA (Hons) University of Oxford (2005 – 2008)