Caroline has wide ranging experience of commercial litigation. She frequently deals with matters concerning the sale of goods and supply of services, breach of contract, misrepresentation, bailment, conversion, mortgages, estoppel, credit hire, corporate and personal insolvency.
- Acting for a private company in a breach of contract claim concerning an automatic renewal clause in a supply agreement.
- Acting for a major UK reinsurance broker in a dispute over unpaid commission.
- Acting for a private individual in relation to a contract for the installation audio-visual services that were not provided. The claim made involved restitution for monies had and received.
- Acting for insurers in a claim for policy indemnity despite failure to comply with a condition precedent.
- Acting for wholesalers in a claim for defective goods supplied to the prison service.
- Acting for the owner of a wind farm in a claim arising from failure of the electronics system installed.
- Acting for petitioners and creditors in bankruptcy and/or winding up proceedings. Acting for a well-known estate agent in claims for unpaid commissions.
- Acting for the defendants, a partner and the company he had established, in a dispute within a limited liability partnership. After a breakdown in relations between the partners, the company was set up and carried on the same business. An account of profits was sought under Reg.7(9) and (10) of the Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2001. The case was successfully resolved after a day’s mediation.
- Advising in a claim for breach of duty by a mortgagee in possession. The case involved questions of the complex duties, which were owed to the mortgagor.
- Advising in an insurance brokers’ dispute concerning the broker’s right to sue the insured for an alleged breach of the insurance contract.
- Court of Appeal construes important Typhoon Warranty in marine reinsurance contract
- New members of chambers
- Major Scholar, Inner Temple (2009 – 2010)
- BVC, BPP Law School (Very Competent) (2009 – 2010)
- Exhibitioner, Inner Temple (2008 – 2009)
- GDL, BPP Law School (Distinction) (2008 – 2009)
- Demyship, Magdalen College, Oxford (2006 – 2008)
- BA (Hons) University of Oxford (2005 – 2008)