Carlo has particular experience of claims which arise out of different forms of property damage, many of which involve insurance coverage issues / subrogation.
Examples of recent work include:
- Carlo is instructed as sole counsel for a claimant university in a claim where a freezer caught fire, causing in excess of £1m of damage to a laboratory.
- Carlo is instructed with Michael Curtis QC for defendants which supplied drinks machines to certain clients, and where it is alleged that those drinks machines were defective and caught fire causing significant losses. (Claims in excess of £1m).
- Carlo is instructed as sole counsel by a leading loss adjuster who is accused of having negligently caused insurers loss in the region of £5m in the course of adjusting a complex property damage claim arising out of a hurricane.
- Instructed for a leading high-street chain seeking to recover damages including for business interruption following a fire started by a defective component within a freezer in one of their shops.
- Acted for the defendant freeholder in a claim for property damage and business interruption suffered by his tenant, which had been alleged to have been caused by an uncapped sewerage pipe.
- Advised the claimant property developer following an electrical fire traced to the development’s power supply installation, which involved the removal of the property from the market for a significant period and later re-marketing.
- Instructed on a number of cases involving subsidence and particularly tree-roots subsidence.
- Advised a defendant security company following theft from and damage caused to a property, which was alarmed and monitored by them.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Substituting parties after limitation period ends: AIG Europe Ltd v McCormick Roofing Ltd and another
- Ben Quiney QC, Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson discuss the recent Judgment on the Ingenious Litigation for Practical Law Company
- Carlo Taczalski successfully defends Arbitration Appeal
- Success in the Commercial Court: Reflective Loss and Joinder
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2010)
- Lovells Examination Prize, Downing College (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship (2005 – 2007)