Carlo has particular experience of claims which arise out of different forms of property damage, many of which involve insurance coverage issues / subrogation.
Examples of recent work include:
- Instructed for a leading high-street chain seeking to recover damages including for business interruption following a fire started by a defective component within a freezer in one of their shops.
- Acted for the defendant freeholder in a claim for property damage and business interruption suffered by his tenant, which had been alleged to have been caused by an uncapped sewerage pipe.
- Advised the claimant property developer following an electrical fire traced to the development’s power supply installation, which involved the removal of the property from the market for a significant period and later re-marketing.
- Instructed on a number of cases involving subsidence and particularly tree-roots subsidence.
- Advised a defendant security company following theft from and damage caused to a property, which was alarmed and monitored by them.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Success in the Commercial Court: Reflective Loss and Joinder
- Ben Quiney QC and Carlo Taczalski instructed in one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases of 2018
- Valuable guidance on limitation for contribution claims
- Court of Appeal reaffirms the accepted position on breach of duty
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2010)
- Lovells Examination Prize, Downing College (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship (2005 – 2007)