Carlo’s product liability practice overlaps with his practice in construction, property damage and professional negligence, with those cases often involving an element of product liability, for example:
- Instructed as sole counsel in arbitral proceedings concerning a water treatment plant in Eastern Europe, which is said to have been defectively constructed and / or designed (the claim is put at circa Euro 2m).
- Various fire claims involving the failure of electrical components, including being for a leading high-street chain seeking to recover damages including for business interruption following a fire started by a defective component within a freezer in one of their shops.
- Junior to Andrew Bartlett QC in a London arbitration relating to coverage under a product liability policy in a pharmaceutical context potentially determinative of claims and various layers of insurance worth up to £300m.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Success in the Commercial Court: Reflective Loss and Joinder
- Ben Quiney QC and Carlo Taczalski instructed in one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases of 2018
- Valuable guidance on limitation for contribution claims
- Court of Appeal reaffirms the accepted position on breach of duty
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2010)
- Lovells Examination Prize, Downing College (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship (2005 – 2007)