Carlo’s product liability practice overlaps with his commercial, construction, property damage and professional negligence practice, with those cases often involving an element of product liability, for example:
- Allcopy v Vision – Carlo is currently defending a counterclaim in the TCC which is put in the region of £1m, in which it is alleged that photocopier toner provided to the Defendant and Counterclaimant over a period of 6 years was defective, and caused damage to reprographics machines and significant economic losses.
- Sanglier v Apollo – Carlo is instructed for Apollo (leading Michael Harper) in a claim in the TCC which is put at in excess of £3m, in relation to allegedly defective adhesive which was supplied to Sanglier, and which Sanglier incorporated into its own product and sold-on. Particular factors of the case include the long cross-border contractual chain of supplies, and technical arguments as to the alleged deficiency of the adhesive. Carlo acts against leading and junior counsel.
- Instructed as sole counsel in arbitral proceedings concerning a water treatment plant in Eastern Europe, which is said to have been defectively constructed and / or designed (the claim is put at circa Euro 2m).
- Various fire claims involving the failure of electrical components, including being for a leading high-street chain seeking to recover damages including for business interruption following a fire started by a defective component within a freezer in one of their shops.
- Junior to Andrew Bartlett QC in a London arbitration relating to coverage under a product liability policy in a pharmaceutical context potentially determinative of claims and various layers of insurance worth up to £300m.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Carlo Taczalski will be speaking at “Cash Is King – Payments and Changes in Tax Laws” webinar by Decipher Group
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal Cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime
- Substituting parties after limitation period ends: AIG Europe Ltd v McCormick Roofing Ltd and another
- Carlo Taczalski and Frederick Simpson are successful in the Court of Appeal as it holds that cross-undertakings have little place in the security for costs regime
- Carlo Taczalski successfully defends Arbitration Appeal
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2010)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple (2010)
- Lovells Examination Prize, Downing College (2006)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholarship (2005 – 2007)
“A great blend of being exceptionally bright, hardworking and responsive together with a charming personality. Engenders confidence of clients both in conference and courtroom. More than a match for experienced counsel both in mainstream professional indemnity work and more specialist.”
Legal 500, 2021
“Carlo is incredibly forensic in his approach to work, he deals with large quantities of information in a methodical manner and is an excellent communicator.”
Legal 500, 2021
“Handles a diverse range of construction disputes.”
Legal 500, 2020
“He is very bright and thorough when it comes to considering all the possible issues.”
Legal 500, 2020