Insurance & Reinsurance
Recent examples of Bradley’s own work in the insurance field include:
- Representing a defendant insurer in an judgment enforcement action brought under section 151 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and in which the identity of defendant’s insured vehicle was disputed.
- Advising an insurer on the merits of an additional claim for indemnity against a co-defendant in a professional negligence claim.
- Advising a claimant on matters of coverage and limitation in respect of a critical illness policy.
- Resisting a strike-out application by a defendant and securing a one-month stay for a claimant in an unidentified driver motor insurance claim.
Additionally, seats with David Myhill and James Sharpe during pupillage gave Bradley a broad introduction to a wide range of insurance work. Examples of his insurance work during pupillage included:
- Drafting a skeleton argument for an application for a stay for arbitration in a business interruption insurance claim (during pupillage).
- Advising on a dispute between an insurer and its broker over failure to place a reinsurance treaty (during pupillage).
- Advice for a developer on the coverage and interpretation of restrictive covenant policy (during pupillage).
- Drafting a position statement for mediation in a case involving a claim against a jewellers’ block policy with elements of insurance fraud (during pupillage).
- Drafting a defence in a cavity wall insulation claim (during pupillage).
- Advising on matters of coverage in respect of an injury sustained by a casual worker assisting a defendant company with renovation work (during pupillage).
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Queen Mother Scholarship, Middle Temple (2020)
- Winner, Cardiff University Undergraduate/GDL Moot (2020)
- Arteaga Prize for best performance in Spanish Language & Literature, Oxford University (2004)
- Various academic scholarships, Merton College (2001-2004)
- BA, Modern Languages & Literature (French & Spanish – First Class), Merton College, University of Oxford
- GDL (Distinction), Cardiff University
- BTC & LLM (Outstanding, with Distinction in LLM), Cardiff University