Athena has growing experience of professional negligence includes matters involving solicitors, brokers and construction and design professionals.
- Advising and representing a homeowner in a claim for negligence and/or breach of contract against her designer. This claim also involves questions of misrepresentation, exclusion of liability and the scope of a duty of care based upon the assumption of responsibility.
- Advising Insurers as to the effect of an exclusion clause in a design and maintenance contract for a bespoke product.
- Advising a surveyor in a claim for professional negligence for failing to notice and report the presence of Japanese Knotweed at a home.
- Advising a solicitor in a claim for professional negligence arising from a property transaction.
- Lincolns Inn BPTC Lord Denning Scholarship (2010)
- Lincolns Inn Hardwicke Entrance Award (2009)
- Cambridge European Trusts Scholarship (2009)
- Trinity Hall Dr Cooper Law Studentship (2009)
- Trinity Hall Alan King-Hamilton Bursary for Excellence (2009)
- Winner of the Cambridge University De Smith Mooting Competition (2009)
- Winner of the Trinity Hall Law Society Moot (2006 & 2009)
- Robert Stokell, Anna Laney, Daniel Shaw, and Athena Markides to lecture on advocacy at the University of Cambridge
- Athena Markides elected as Vice Chair of the Bar Council Young Barristers Committee
- BA (Hons), University of Cambridge (2005 – 2009)
- Erasmus Exhange, Universiteit Utrecht, Netherlands (2007 – 2008)
- LLM, University of Cambridge (2009 – 2010)
- BPTC, BPP Law School (2010 – 2011)
- European Circuit
Athena is also an elected member of the Bar Council and a member of the Young Bar Committee and EU Law Committee.