Andrew has a busy property damage practice, most commonly acting in relation to damage arising in the context of construction. He is adept at advising on case strategy and expert evidence and handling matters from inception through to conclusion.
Recent work highlights include:
- Advising in relation to a substantial fire that broke out in the Liver Industrial Estate in Liverpool in 2017.
- Acting for the proprietors of a restaurant in relation to damage caused to their Grade II listed premises whilst a neighbouring property was being renovated.
- Advising on a multi-track value claim arising out of the defective installation of a waterproof membrane on the roof of a residential apartment block.
- Acting for a landowner in relation to damage allegedly caused by the roots of a century-old tree.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- Winner, Featherstone Moot (2017)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn (2017)
- Honorary Senior Scholarship, Gonville & Caius College (2016)
- Book Prize, Gonville & Caius College (2016)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Accommodation Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Hardwicke Award, Lincoln’s Inn (2016)
- Excellence Award, BPP (2015)
- BPTC (Outstanding), BPP (2017)
- LLM in International Law (First Class), University of Cambridge (2016)
- LLB with Study in Europe (First Class), University of Bristol (2014)