Inquests & Public Inquiries
Alice regularly represents companies, public bodies and individuals at inquests. She has extensive experience of cases that arise out of accidents at work, medical treatment and residential care as well as regularly dealing with complex Article 2 Inquests.
Alice is currently instructed as counsel to Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) in the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry.
- Counsel to the KCTMO in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Represented the principle contractor, a large construction company, in a week long inquest into the death of an employee on site. The case involved multiple contractors as interested parties and required careful consideration of the presentation of the issues.
- Represented large Company in week long inquest where there were particular sensitivities in that the father was responsible for the operation of machinery that killed his own son on site.
- Represented Company where there were complicated medical issues in relation to the cause of a fatal hematoma and whether this could be attributed to the Company or whether medical intervention amounted to a novus-actus.
- Represented a care home in relation to an incident where a resident choked to death.
- Represented a care home where a resident died after the emergency service did not take the resident to hospital. Article 2 issues carefully considered.
- Represented a Town Council in an inquest where, as the supplier and operator of a car park barrier which had crushed a man to death, it was alleged that the Town Council was responsible.
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- Crown Office Chambers wins Health & Safety Set of the Year at the Bar Awards 2017
- Princess Royal Scholar, Inner Temple
- BVC, BPP University
- MA (Hons), Edinburgh University
“poise and confidence beyond her years”
Chambers and Partners 2018
“a brilliant Junior who is focused, tenacious and attentive to detail”
Legal 500 2018
“An outstanding junior, who leaves no stone unturned”
Legal 500 2017