Construction & Engineering
Alethea is developing a practice in construction and engineering law, building on experience gained as a pupil during supervisions with Carlo Taczalski and Richard Sage.
Examples of her work in this area include:
- Advice and drafting the Defence for an architectural designer in response to allegations that drawings produced for a Planning and Building Regulation application were prepared negligently.
- Advice on the prospects of a construction company successfully defending a claim for liquidated damages for alleged delays to a scheme of maintenance and public sector dwellings for Lewisham Council, in light of a settlement agreement and Deed of Variation (as a pupil).
- Drafting a skeleton argument on behalf of the respondent to an application to enforce payment of the remainder of a judgment sum in a high-value construction dispute, on the basis of a real prospect of disputing jurisdiction (as a pupil).
She is a member of the Technology and Construction Bar Association.
Selected CasesView full profile »
- New College Final Examinations Award, University of Oxford
- Lord Haldane and Lord Denning Scholarships, Lincoln’s Inn
- Academic Scholarships, City University and BPP University
- Finalist in the City University GDL Moot and the Inter-Provider BPTC Moot
- Daniel Shapiro KC, Michael Harper and Alethea Redfern acted for World Challenge Expeditions Ltd in its successful claim against Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- Crown Office Chambers welcomes three new tenants
- The Supreme Court’s judgment on whether the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978 has extra-territorial effect
- English Language & Literature (First Class), University of Oxford
- GDL, City University
- BPTC, BPP University