Adam’s experience in medical, commercial and regulatory cases provides a strong foundation for his sports law work.
He regularly gives talks and presentations. He is a member of BASL and Law In Sport. He has recently been appointed to the Sport Resolutions Pro Bono Panel, to provide advice and assistance with disputes involving anti-doping, athlete selection and eligibility, athlete and player contracts, and discipline.
Adam is a keen sportsperson and currently enjoys club football, tennis and cycling. He recently completed a London to Paris cycle ride, and several half-marathons. In his youth, he participated in county-standard football and athletics.
- Adam is currently instructed on a high-profile anti-doping dispute involving an alleged ADRV against an international athlete. Adam is acting as sole counsel for the athlete.
- Adam was recently instructed by Morgan Sports Law in the high-profile anti-doping dispute of UKAD v Tyson and Hughie Fury, where he drafted detailed written submissions to the panel on behalf of Tyson and Hughie Fury.
- Wright v Lewis Silkin  EWHC 1897 (QB) – Assisting Muhammed Haque QC with trial preparation in the case, a High Court professional negligence claim concerning a bespoke employment contract for the CEO of a cricket team franchise in the Indian Premier League.
- Advising on contractual construction in a high-value motor racing arbitration.
- Advising on and representing the defendant at an appeal from a commercial trial involving the sale of a British Eventing competition horse by an international-standard competition rider. The case involved sale of goods, misrepresentation and mitigation issues. The historical behaviour of the horse and the industry-specific nature of the representations were key considerations.
Personal Injury and Product Liability
- Adam is currently junior to Daniel Shapiro in relation to a £2million product liability claim involving a fall from a horse by a doctor while riding a jumping circuit wearing an inflatable vest.
- Advising a cycling training company on its defence to a claim made by a child injured during a beginners cycling training session.
- Acting in a multi-track claim brought by a greenkeeper against his employer golf club and a golfing member who hit him on the head with an approach shot, allegedly causing neurological symptoms.
- Drafting the defence and advising on a claim arising out of an allegedly negligent personal training session, where the claimant was injured while performing box jumps.
- Advising on the defence of a claim involving an allegedly negligent box-fit session, where the claimant was injured while performing a toe-tap exercise.
- Advising on the defence of a multiparty claim involving a stilt-walking injury during a circus skills workshop at a school.
- Adam Taylor acts for Olympic marathon champion Jemimah Sumgong in anti-doping dispute
- Adam Taylor represents the family in Maxwell Bates-Spiers inquest
- Court of Appeal holds bereavement damages provision incompatible with human rights
- Steven Snowden QC and Adam Taylor discuss the government’s proposals for the future of soft tissue claims and small personal injuries claims
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Droop Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Shelford Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford