Adam is regularly instructed in a wide range of professional negligence matters, and he has a particular interest in claims involving legal professionals. His daily court appearances and significant experience in commercial, insurance, property damage and construction, and personal injury disputes underpin his meticulous and robust approach. Adam accepts instructions on behalf of claimants and defendants, and also on a CFA basis where appropriate.
- Drafting the Particulars of Claim in a dispute against the claimant’s former solicitors, where his personal injury claim was struck out due to noncompliance and delay, and he subsequently lost his QOCS cost protection.
- Advising the claimant company and director in their dispute against former solicitors in relation to a claim against a mortgagee and LPA receiver for sale at an undervalue.
- Drafting the defence and providing written advice for a leading London estate agent accused of negligently drafting the break clause within a tenancy agreement.
- Advising as to the merits of a prospective claim in negligent misstatement relating to a company’s website, which advertised one of its members as a professional when in fact he was a fraudster.
- Acting pro bono for a theatre company who sued its solicitors from an underlying dispute concerning a contract to perform at a theatre. The defendant solicitors firm settled before trial for virtually the whole amount of the claim.
- Adam is currently assisting the Company and Financial team at environmental law NGO Client Earth on a pro bono basis, in relation to the potential professional negligence of company directors and investment advisors who fail to consider climate-related business risks.
- Adam Taylor appointed to British Canoeing Disciplinary Panel
- Adam Taylor acts for Olympic marathon champion Jemimah Sumgong in anti-doping dispute
- Court of Appeal holds bereavement damages provision incompatible with human rights
- Steven Snowden QC and Adam Taylor discuss the government’s proposals for the future of soft tissue claims and small personal injuries claims
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Droop Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Shelford Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford