Insurance & Reinsurance
Adam is regularly instructed in a range of insurance and reinsurance dispute cases, including issues of policy interpretation. Adam benefits from related experience in commercial, personal injury, property damage and construction, and professional (including clinical) negligence matters.
- Adam was lead by Daniel Shapiro in a £1.2million arbitration claim by independent financial advisors under their professional indemnity insurance. Adam met with the client in conference and drafted the key witness statement. He also assisted with preparation for the hearing.
- Advising the defendant freeholders as to the scope and effect of their buildings insurance in a claim brought by leaseholders in relation to fire damage. The advice addressed issues of agency and the consequences of taking out an inappropriate policy.
- Successfully defending a claim at trial on behalf of an insurance company, in relation to a claim by their insured for compensation of property repair costs. The case involved issues of policy interpretation and causation.
- Adam is currently instructed by the government legal department on a series of test cases involving claims for Francovich damages following a recent CJEU ruling on the broad scope of the compulsory motor insurance directives.
- Adam Taylor appointed to British Canoeing Disciplinary Panel
- Adam Taylor acts for Olympic marathon champion Jemimah Sumgong in anti-doping dispute
- Court of Appeal holds bereavement damages provision incompatible with human rights
- Steven Snowden QC and Adam Taylor discuss the government’s proposals for the future of soft tissue claims and small personal injuries claims
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Droop Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Shelford Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford