Inquests & Public Inquiries
Adam’s extensive inquest experience covers health and safety, personal injury, public law, RTA and product liability inquests. He has acted as sole counsel in a number of multi-day jury inquests, and he has experience of article 2 issues. Adam’s clients include national utilities companies, care homes, construction/building companies, families and the emergency services. He is able to offer complimentary expertise in civil or criminal regulatory proceedings arising out of the inquest.
- Instructed as sole counsel on a four-day jury inquest concerning the death of a Yorkshire Water employee in an oxygenated dry well at a treatment plant, who died when an angle grinder set his clothes on fire. Adam was instructed on behalf of Yorkshire Water
- Instructed as sole counsel on a four-day jury inquest concerning a work at height incident involving ladder use in a leisure centre. There were five interested parties participating in the inquest.
- Adam was junior counsel in relation to an inquest concerning the death of a young child in a domestic elevator.
- Representing the family in an inquest involving the suicide of a patient discharged by mental health clinicians. The issues included whether Article 2 applied, neglect, the mental health assessment and the handover to the home treatment team.
- Representing the family in an inquest into the death of a conspiracy theorist abroad in Poland.
- Representing a care home in an inquest involving the death of a dementia patient.
- Representing an insurer in an inquest involving a fatal RTA where the allegation of jumping a red light meant that traffic light sequencing was in issue.
- Hardwicke, Droop and Shelford Scholarships, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford
- Lincoln’s Inn
- Ordre des Avocats Vaudois (Vaudois Bar Association, invited member)
- Federation Suisse des Avocats (Swiss Bar Association)
- Association Suisse de Droit du Sport (Swiss Sports Law Association)