Inquests & Public Inquiries
Adam is a specialist junior in inquest work. His inquest experience covers predominantly health and safety cases, but he is also able to assist in personal injury, public law, RTA and product liability inquests. He has acted as sole counsel in a number of multi-day jury inquests, and he has experience of article 2 issues. Adam’s clients include national utilities companies, care homes, construction/building companies, families and the emergency services. He is able to offer complimentary expertise in any civil or criminal regulatory proceedings arising out of the inquest. A snapshot of his recent cases is provided below.
- Instructed as sole counsel on a four-day jury inquest concerning the death of a Yorkshire Water employee in an oxygenated dry well at a treatment plant, who died when an angle grinder set his clothes on fire. Adam was instructed on behalf of Yorkshire Water.
- Instructed as sole counsel on a four-day jury inquest concerning a work at height incident involving ladder use in a leisure centre. There were five interested parties participating in the inquest.
- Adam is being led by James Ageros QC in a three-week inquest concerning the death of a young child in a domestic elevator.
- Representing the family in an inquest involving the suicide of a patient discharged by mental health clinicians. The issues included whether Article 2 applied, neglect, the mental health assessment and the handover to the home treatment team.
- Representing a care home in an inquest involving the death of a dementia patient.
- Representing an insurer in an inquest involving a fatal RTA where the allegation of jumping a red light meant that traffic light sequencing was in issue.
- Adam Taylor acts for Olympic marathon champion Jemimah Sumgong in anti-doping dispute
- Adam Taylor represents the family in Maxwell Bates-Spiers inquest
- Court of Appeal holds bereavement damages provision incompatible with human rights
- Steven Snowden QC and Adam Taylor discuss the government’s proposals for the future of soft tissue claims and small personal injuries claims
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Droop Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Shelford Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Margaret Branthwaite CPE Prize
- BPTC, University of Law, Birmingham
- GDL, University of Birmingham
- BA Hons (First Class), Worcester College, University of Oxford